Altavod Technologies, LLC (“Altavod”) is committed to safeguarding any personal data that may be collected through our website (the "Website") or otherwise through use of the Altavod service (the "Service") and to ensuring that You (“You”) are fully informed as to how Your personal information will be used. The following policy describes such collection and usage.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
Our primary purpose in collecting Your personal data is to provide You with the services You request and to otherwise optimize and enhance Your use of our Service and related services. Providing us with Your information is not a requirement for using our Service, but note that if You choose not to provide us with certain information or restrict our ability to automatically collect certain information, we may not be able provide certain services or functionality of the Service.
- Contact Information, such as name, alias, address, phone number, social media user ID, email address, and similar contact data.
- Organization and Contacts Information, such as Your employer or organizations that You are a member of, information about Your colleagues or those within Your organization, Your status with an organization, and similar data.
- Account Information, such as security-related information (including usernames and passwords, authentication methods, and roles), service-related information (including purchase history and account profiles), billing-related information (including payment, shipping, and billing information), and similar data.
- User Content, including filmmaker content, such as movies, key art and special features, and the content of communications, suggestions, questions, comments, feedback, and other information (including information in alerts, folders, notes, and shares of content) that You submit, upload or otherwise post on our Service, that You send to us, and that You provide to us when You contact us, and similar data.
- Device & Browser Information, such as network and connection information (including Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses), device and browser identifiers and information (including device, application, or browser type, version, plug-in type and version, operating system, user agent, language and time zone settings, and other technical information), advertising identifiers, cookie identifiers and information, and similar data.
- Usage Information and Browsing History, such as usage metrics (including usage rates, occurrences of technical errors, diagnostic reports, settings preferences, backup information, API calls, and other logs), content interactions (including searches, views, prints, shares, streams, watch time, and display or playback details), and user journey history (including click streams and page navigation, URLs, timestamps, content viewed or searched for, page response times, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and download errors), advertising interactions (including when and how You interact with marketing and advertising materials, click rates, purchases or next steps You may make after seeing an advertisement, and marketing preferences), and similar data, application logs, data files, and metrics generated in the normal operation of a website. Information with respect to certain activities is sometimes associated with an IP address or other personal data.
- Location Data, such as the location of Your device, Your household, and similar location data posted by Your or gathered using GPS.
- Demographic Information, such as country, preferred language, age and date of birth, marriage status, gender, physical characteristics, personal or household/familial financial status and metrics, military status, and similar data.
- Your Image, such as still pictures, video, voice, and other similar data.
- Social Media and Online Content, such as information in social media and online profiles, online posts, and similar data.
- Career-Related Information, such as job preferences or interests, credits, experience demographic data, education history (including schools attended, academic degrees or areas of study, academic performance, and rankings), biographical data and similar data.
- Government-Issued Identifiers, such as government-issued identification information, tax identifiers, social security numbers, other identity information and similar data to the extent provided directly by You.
- Financial Information, such as billing address, credit card information, billing contact details, and similar data provided by You. This information is collected and processed by our payment processor, as necessary to complete Your purchase. We do not receive or store Your credit card information directly, but we may receive information about the transaction, such as the date and time it occurred, and may associate this information with Your Altavod Account.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- Registration. When You register to use our Service, we receive certain information about You directly from You and/or through Facebook®, as applicable to Your method of registration. This registration process is optional for Altavod users who only wish to browse the Service, but is required for users who would like to use the Service's more advance options. This information may, include Your name, Your activities, hometown, interests, biography, tags, likes, favorites, shares, user location, Your photos and videos or other likeness, settings, website, email, phone number, friends, online presence, social following, associations with bands and fans, purchase history, and any other information and data You provide in connection with Your user account.
- Forms, Emails, Messages, and other Communications from You. When You complete forms on the Website for the purpose of providing information to Altavod or a filmmaker using the Service and/or when You contact us with questions, concerns or for purposes of customer/technical support, we collect the information contained in the forms and communications which may include Your name, contact details and any other personal information You provide.
- Surveys. We may collect Your user information through surveys we may conduct from time to time with respect to our services. Participation in and providing information through such surveys is optional.
WHAT WE MIGHT DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information provided to us to:
- Contact You from time to time with critical user or service updates or other information important for our services, or for the support of the service You requested. We may contact You to ensure that the information we have in our records is still correct and to add additional information to complete Your profile;
- Receive feedback from You and inquire about any features You would like to see in future products. We may also contact You to ask You about our products and also to inform You of upgrades, technical issues, promotions and new products that You may be interested in;
- Send out newsletters to You with articles, information and/or recommendations for Content which we believe may be of interest to You;
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- Evaluate users, their preferences and trends for our own internal statistical and analytical purposes, which we may use for marketing purposes and with respect to operations and development;
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- Prevent activity we determine to be potentially illegal;
- Report or announce information about winners in association to campaigns related to Sweepstakes You may have entered;
We may use automated means to implement any of the above.
Whenever we process your data for one of these purposes, we have determined that one or more of the following lawful bases apply:
- Performance of a contract;
- Legitimate commercial interest;
- Compliance with a legal obligation; or
ACCESS, MODIFICATION AND ACCURACY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The information that we collect from You includes the information that You have previously provided to Facebook® or relevant portions thereof. By updating the information in Your Facebook®, account, You may be automatically updating the information in Your Altavod account the next time that You log in. You can also access and modify Your Altavod account information as well as make any changes to any consent that You may have given with respect to us contacting You relating to information that You receive from us directly inside Your Altavod account. You may also ask at any time that Your preferences as to the type of communications that You receive from us are modified in order to stop receiving them or to be added to our mailing list. You can also do this by following the instructions included in each communication or newsletter.
RETENTION AND STORAGE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect Your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful access and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information You provide to us and we believe the measures implemented by our Service reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if You provide personal information. Furthermore, we have implemented procedures to ensure that Your information is only made available to such designated staff as necessary to carry out the stated purposes that we have communicated to You. In addition, we recommend that You do Your part in protecting Yourself from unauthorized access to Your account by ensuring no one else uses Your machine when You are logged in, by logging off from the Website when it is not in use and by keeping Your password confidential.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Although we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required to do so by law, regulation or governmental request or when necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Service, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm, financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity. We may also disclose Your personal data to enforce our policies or respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the right of others. In all cases, such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share Your information with:
- A third party performing services on our behalf that has agreed to keep such information confidential (such as excluding threats from potential cyber attacks or trolls or other security purposes, the processing of Your credit card payment, if applicable, or the conduct of an online survey, for example).
- One of our partners or a filmmaker using the Service, but only where You have elected to do so (e.g., by clicking “Join Newsletter” on a filmmaker’s page). When You elect to join a filmmaker’s newsletter, we will provide that filmmaker with certain information about You, such as Your email address, country of residence and zip/postal code. Filmmakers are only authorized by us to use such information to send email to You and may not rentor sell the information to others or share the information with others for any other purpose.
The information that is collected by Altavod is considered to be an asset. In the event that Altavod, any affiliated company, division or portions of its assets are acquired by another company, such information may be one of the transferred assets. We will take reasonable steps to place a notification of such a transfer on our Website.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
CERTAIN USER RIGHTS
In certain circumstances, local data protection laws (such as the GDPR) may give You rights with respect to personal information if You are located in or are a resident of that country, state, or territory (including if You are located in the EU/EEA). Please review our California Statement below in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE ONLY REQUIRED TO HONOR RIGHTS TO THE EXTENT THAT THESE RIGHTS HAVE BEEN GRANTED TO YOU AND APPLY TO YOU UNDER APPLICABLE DATA PROTECTION LAWS AND YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE THEREOF UPON REQUEST. IMPORTANTLY, THESE RIGHTS ARE NOT ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED AND THERE ARE SEVERAL EXCEPTIONS AND LIMITATIONS WHERE WE MAY NOT HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO FULFILL YOUR REQUEST. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR LOCAL DATA PROTECTION LAWS TO DETERMINE WHAT RIGHTS MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU AND WHICH EXCEPTIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY BE APPLICABLE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR INFORMATION.
The rights available to You differ based upon local data protection laws in Your country, state, province or territory, but such rights may include one or more of the following:
- Access to Personal Information. You may have the right to obtain confirmation from us that we process Your personal information and, if so, You may have the right to request access to Your personal information. Please note that, to the extent permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for the first or further copies of Your personal information requested by You. Please also note that we will take reasonable steps to verify Your identity, including authenticating You through the email address we have on file. We may require further documentation such as a password and user ID before granting access to Your personal information. You may have the right to obtain confirmation from us that we process Your personal information and, if so, You may have the right to request access to Your personal information. Please note that, to the extent permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for the first or further copies of Your personal information requested by You. Please also note that we will take reasonable steps to verify Your identity, including authenticating You through the email address we have on file. We may require further documentation such as a password and user ID before granting access to Your personal information.
- Rectification. You may have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information concerning You and, depending on the purposes of the processing, You may have the right to have incomplete personal information completed.
- Erasure/Deletion. You may have the right to require us to erase some or all of the personal information concerning You. Please note that some portions of the Service can be provided only if we have Your information, therefore deletion of Your information will result in termination of such Service and may result in termination or Your Altavod Account. Note that certain information about You will not be deleted if You request such a deletion, as may be permitted by law. Also note that we will not be able to provide You with certain Services upon a deletion. You will also need to clear Your cookies.
- Restriction of Processing. You may have the right to require us to restrict the further processing Your personal information. In such cases, the respective information will be marked as restricted, and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Object. You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to Your particular situation, to the processing of Your personal information by us, and we may be required to no longer process some or all of Your personal information.
- Data Portability. You may have the right to receive a copy of Your personal information which You have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and You may have the right to transmit that personal information to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Withdraw Consent. You may have the right to withdraw consent You have provided to us where we rely solely on Your consent to process Your personal information. You can always provide Your consent to us again at a later time.
- Complain. You may have the right to lodge a complaint to an applicable supervisory authority or other regulator if You have an unresolved concern or if You are not satisfied with our responses to Your requests or how we manage Your personal information. For example, if You are located in the EU/EEA, a list of and more information about the EU/EEA Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. We encourage You to first or also reach out to us at email@example.com, so we have an opportunity to address Your concerns directly.
- Do Not Sell. You may have the right to request that we do not sell Your personal information. If You have such right and You would like to request that we do not sell Your personal information pursuant to applicable law, You or someone acting on Your behalf can send an email with such request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to clear Your cookies.
This Section applies only to residents of the State of California (for the purpose of this section only, "You" or "Your" shall be limited accordingly). Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), if You are a California resident, You have the following rights, which can be exercised directly or in certain cases, through an authorized agent:
- Right to Know. You have the right to request information about the categories and sources of personal information we collect and share, our purposes for collecting the information, and the types of third parties that receive that information, including the names and email addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2020 will receive information regarding 2019 sharing activities, if any), and descriptions of the likely types of marketing the third parties would send. In addition, You have the right to request a copy of Your personal information. You may exercise this right once per 12-month period by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete some or all of the personal information that we have about You. Deleting all data will typically require the deletion of Your account, along with all content, including Your videos. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may retain information to provide services You have ordered, complete transactions, honor opt-outs, prevent fraud, spam, and other abuse, comply with our legal obligations, cooperate with law enforcement, and to exercise and defend our rights. You may exercise Your right to delete by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do Not Sell. You have the right to opt out of the sale of Your personal information, and to request information about whether we have sold Your personal information in the past twelve (12) months for the purpose of allowing such third parties to directly market their products and services. For clarity, Altavod does not sell personal information and we have never done so. However, if we begin to do so, we will update this notice and provide a mechanism to opt out of any such sale.
- Non-Discrimination. We won’t discriminate against You because You exercise any rights herein.
European Economic Area (EEA) Residents
This Section applies only to natural persons residing in the European Economic Area (for the purpose of this section only, "You" or "Your" shall be limited accordingly). It is Altavod's policy to comply with the EEA's General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). In accordance with the GDPR, we may transfer Your personal information from Your home country to the U.S. (or other countries) based upon the following legal bases: Performance of a contract: where use of Your information is necessary to provide You with the Services under a contract, for example the terms of service. Legitimate interest: where use of Your information is necessary for our or others’ legitimate interests and where the use is not outweighed by Your rights and interests. Below are some examples of such interests:
Legal obligation: where use of Your information is necessary to comply with laws and regulations such as those relating to anti-bribery and corruption and anti-money-laundering, complying with requests from government bodies or courts, or responding to litigation. With consent: we may ask for Your consent to process Your information in a certain way. Where we rely on this basis, You have the right to withdraw Your consent at any time.
- providing the Services
- improving the Services and developing new ones
- building and managing business relationships
- recognizing and better understanding our users, including across platforms
- conducting compliance and risk management activities
- conducting security and fraud prevention activities
- providing and managing access to our systems
- marketing and promoting our content and services
You have the right to: opt out of non-essential cookies; access, correct, delete, restrict, or object to our use of Your personal information; be forgotten; port Your data; and withdraw consents. We enable exercise of these rights primarily through our services (which we reserve the right to modify). For example, we allow users to change their information and close their accounts. We also fulfil our obligations in response to direct requests. We will endeavor to process requests within one month. Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to the extent that they would cause us to violate any law or infringe any other person's rights. We reserve the right to request appropriate identification to confirm that You are entitled to exercise these rights. We will process requests free of charge unless they would impose an unreasonable cost on us.
We are committed to working with You to obtain a fair resolution of any issue. You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory data protection authority of Your jurisdiction.
ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
If You wish to no longer receive our newsletters or emails, You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the link in the footer of all our emails, or by contacting us at email@example.com